Newly installed Santa-Fe Advance 2 dehumidifier in crawl space with new Honeywell H46C
Therma-Stor LLC
Therma-Stor Forum
ThermaStor.com Home PageTherm-Stor Forum Main Page
Therma-Stor Forum
 Home          Members     Calendar     Who's On

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Newly installed Santa-Fe Advance 2... Expand / Collapse

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie
Background information - Newly installed Santa-Fe Advance 2 dehumidifier in crawl space with new Honeywell H46C connected to dehumidifier and installed in main level of house---

When the humidity is 37 percent at the location of the humidistat (main level of house) the dehumidifier starts up only in the full "on position" and not when setting the humidistat to 22 to 35 percent. If in the on position and rotated to 22 percent the dehumidifier turns off.

Is it likely that the Honeywell H46C humidistat is defective?
Posted 12/3/2017 1:23:15 PM Post #1798

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member
No Humidistat here. Put pulley and duct tube in crawl space from access to dampest area. Attached a humidity sender to the pulley and move to the far end. The receiver is on first floor. Half of Advance 2 is out of crawl space on a platform. I have access to filter, knob adjuster, and to change the sender battery about every two years. Now I know crawl space humidity level while on 1st floor ( now at 39%). Also have a display for 1st floor next to other display. Crawlspace pretty much maintains 50% +- 3. The warm air exhaust feeds a clothes drying room from 33 with door closed to 37 open. From there warm air feeds highbred hot water heater then back into different distant crawl space opening. I have a rancher. Know I didn't answer question about Humidistat. What I have is a loop of basement warm air, and I can monitor humidity levels from crawl space and 1st floor. The humidity level has been lower on 1st floor. Good luck
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 283 (283 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -6:00, Time now is 4:30pm

Therma-Stor Forum Home Page  |  ThermaStor.com Home Page

Copyright © 2019 Therma-Stor LLC